Four Questions for Disciples
Each day there are four very important discipleship questions we must answer.
1. Who is first in our lives?
2. Who leads the way?
3. Who provides the resources?
4. Who wins the battles?
As a growing multitude of people began to follow Jesus, He provoked them to answer these four questions before going on with Him.
Question 1– Who is first in your lives?
Now great multitudes went with Him. And He turned and said to them, “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. Luke 14:25
Question 2–Who leads the way?
And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple. Luke 14:27
Question 3–Who provides the resources?
For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it— lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, saying, ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish’? Luke 14:28-30
Question 4–Who wins the battles?
Or what king, going to make war against another king, does not sit down first and consider whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand? Or else, while the other is still a great way off, he sends a delegation and asks conditions of peace. So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple. Luke14:31-33
According to Jesus, the correct answers for serious disciples are…
This is why Jesus would say to His disciples on the last day before His crucifixion “Without Me you can do nothing.” John 15:5.
Jesus knows four things about us.
1. When we love Him first only then those we most want to love are loved best.
2. When we follow Him we find the right way to love everyone best.
3. When we see Him as our perfect resource for love, we can focus 100% on building a permanent tower of love for all. He will pay the bills.
4. When we forsake all other things go to war with Him for love, He knows the outcome is already decided in our favor and in favor for those we love.
He knows He is the answer to each question. Do we?